As the Bishop of the Diocese of Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa I would like to welcome you to our new website. Whether you are a resident or a Visitor, I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour!
It is my wish that this website will inform and provide you with all the information you may require for this Diocese. You will also find links to other websites which may be of interest to you.
If you do not find what you are searching for, please do not hesitate to contact us at the Chancery Offices.
Please also tell your fellow parishioners about the new website.
With sincere best wishes.
Bishop Vincent Mduduzi Zungu OFM
The new Diocesan website has finally gone live after a bit of a struggle!
The website has a modern, clean new look, and has a number of new and exciting functionalities and features.
You will find:
1. A Diary and Events section, with a special calendar, showing both the Bishop's Diary, as well as Events around the Diocese for the coming months. All parishes, Organisations, Insitutions are invited to submit their events for inclusion in the Diary.
2. A full Breviary, including the Readings of the Day, Prayers, and Daily Liturgy
3. A Daily Reflection - a beautifully written reflection on the Readings of the Day
4. Local and International News Links - the Southern Cross, the SACBC, the Vatican and even a link to Radio Veritas Live streaming!
5. A comprehensive listing of all the Parishes in the Diocese, including a Google map location for each parish. Parishes are asked to check the information in the Directory, as incorrect information is worse than no information at all.
6. An Online, flip-page version of the Diocesan News
7. A Diocesan Levy page, with a download facility for the Levy Spreadsheet Document. Parishes can then fill the document in, and immediately upload it back to the site.
8. Institutional and Organisational Pages for all the Commissions, Offices, Institutions in the Diocese. A page has been allocated to each one, and the organisations are invited fill in these pages with information and pictures and links. Equally, if an organisation or institution is NOT represented, you are earnestly requested to inform us imediately and we will include you straight away.
9. St Luke's & St Pius' Retreat Centres at their own "mini" websites
10. Finally, there is a Guest Book for members of the Diocese to record their comments and suggestions - these are earnestly and urgently requested, to enable us to keep improving and adding to this website.
The website, to be successful and truly useful, must always be dynamic and evolving, and it is our intention to keep it so. The website belongs to all members of the Diocese, and you are all requested to help us keep it up to scratch.
As Bishop Zungu said in his front page welcome, a website is the window into the heart and soul of an orgnaisation and we hope this website will reflect the true character of the our Diocese.
Finally, the website is the work of fallible human hands, and we apologise in advance and beg your indulgence for any errors you may find. Please report them to us as as soon as possible.
St Martin De Porres
Sunday, April 22nd
2pm - 4pm
Mary is honoured as the Chief Patron of our Diocese of Port Elizabeth. In accordance with the official liturgical Pastoral Guide it is therefore elevated to a solemnity (big feast) for the local church and celebrated on the Sunday that occurs on 4th February or between the 4th and 10th February each year.